What’s coming in Minecraft 1.9? New feature news and rumours!
Date: 2015-05-05 07:27:45
By: Kevin Kutlesa
On April Fool’s Day 2015 (1 April), Mojang created a joke snapshot for its block building game. With it came a mound of snow that if looked from a certain angle formed a QR code. This QR when read stated that Minecraft 1.9 – The Combat Update was coming and it didn’t take long for the developers to confirm that this was no joke. There is currently no set release date for the update but that doesn’t mean there haven’t been some announcements, leaks and rumours already so the following are some of the features we can ‘expect’ to see in this upcoming version as we explained in this article. If you’re reading this and haven’t given the game a shot before, then click here for a Minecraft Free Download. Let’s see what’s coming in Minecraft 1.9!
Minecraft 1.9 Feature News and Rumors
Let's going to discover Minecraft 1.9 rumors and new features!
- Bosses are getting some love and fixes, including proper health bars for each of them!
- One boss in particular, the Ender Dragon is getting major overhauls to bring it closer to the Console Version’s appearance and behaviour. This includes particle changes to his breath and a respawn times. No you won’t need to reset The End to fight him again, he’ll do so on his own.
- There will be a new boss in town. In a recent screenshot by the developers they showed Wither’s boss bar with a second below titled “Another Wither” and even a third bar for some unknown monster. I wonder what “Another Wither” and what kind of gauntlet of multi-boss fighting they’re thinking of. Could this be Minecraft’s version of a boss rush?
- If you’re tired of the sky box and clouds, be happy because the cloud rendering system is getting an update.
- The code is getting some cleanup, to make it easier for mod makers to create new mobs.
- New blocks such as the Grass Path, with a similar texture to the regular grass block. It’s rumoured that you’ll even be able to change the texture of the road, from dirt to gravel, stone or brick.
- Mojang will show love to the hearing impaired—finally—by adding subtitles for every sound in the game, including creeper cries.
- Death Messages will now display on the death screen instead of just in chat.
- It’s rumoured that Mojang is working on improving boat mechanics and controls for Minecraft 1.9, due to many players commenting on how frustrating the experience is.
- There are new food sources being added to the game, specifically Corn. Hopefully it’s just the start and we’ll start seeing recipes for it: nachos, popcorn, arepas!
That’s it for this rumour mill. Some of these are confirmed and others just hinted at, so we won’t know what the true feature list is until Mojang starts putting out Minecraft 1.9 snapshots. You can of course be sure we’ll cover the update as it approaches, so you know all the important facts before the big patch hits. But if you’ve heard something we haven’t, then please tell us in the comments! And don’t forget to come back for more, right here, on Rocky Bytes!
It is coming up to three weeks since we have had a new build of one of the the most popular free games in the world (whilst it remains in development at least) and we are normally used to a clockwork like schedule from Yandere Dev of a new build each two weeks, but if sources are correct it could be that ...
The Crew 2 Open Beta is available through the Ubisoft Uplayinstaller which you can download here for free. You will need to sign up for a Ubisoft account but to play the open beta of this fantastic racing game for free it is more than worth it. Fans of the original game The Crew will not be be ...
You may have been wondering why there hasn't been the usual two week gaps between uploads of Yandere Simulator, of course our beloved Senpai Yandere Dev was very busy at the back end of November and advised there wouldn't be a new build for around a month at that point, due to the amount of work going in ...