What’s coming in Minecraft 1.9? New feature news and rumours!
Date: 2015-05-05 07:27:45
On April Fool’s Day 2015 (1 April), Mojang created a joke snapshot for its block building game. With it came a mound of snow that if looked from a certain angle formed a QR code. This QR when read stated that Minecraft 1.9 – The Combat Update was coming and it didn’t take long for the developers to confirm that this was no joke. There is currently no set release date for the update but that doesn’t mean there haven’t been some announcements, leaks and rumours already so the following are some of the features we can ‘expect’ to see in this upcoming version as we explained in this article. If you’re reading this and haven’t given the game a shot before, then click here for a Minecraft Free Download. Let’s see what’s coming in Minecraft 1.9!
Minecraft 1.9 Feature News and Rumors
Let's going to discover Minecraft 1.9 rumors and new features!
- Bosses are getting some love and fixes, including proper health bars for each of them!
- One boss in particular, the Ender Dragon is getting major overhauls to bring it closer to the Console Version’s appearance and behaviour. This includes particle changes to his breath and a respawn times. No you won’t need to reset The End to fight him again, he’ll do so on his own.
- There will be a new boss in town. In a recent screenshot by the developers they showed Wither’s boss bar with a second below titled “Another Wither” and even a third bar for some unknown monster. I wonder what “Another Wither” and what kind of gauntlet of multi-boss fighting they’re thinking of. Could this be Minecraft’s version of a boss rush?
- If you’re tired of the sky box and clouds, be happy because the cloud rendering system is getting an update.
- The code is getting some cleanup, to make it easier for mod makers to create new mobs.
- New blocks such as the Grass Path, with a similar texture to the regular grass block. It’s rumoured that you’ll even be able to change the texture of the road, from dirt to gravel, stone or brick.
- Mojang will show love to the hearing impaired—finally—by adding subtitles for every sound in the game, including creeper cries.
- Death Messages will now display on the death screen instead of just in chat.
- It’s rumoured that Mojang is working on improving boat mechanics and controls for Minecraft 1.9, due to many players commenting on how frustrating the experience is.
- There are new food sources being added to the game, specifically Corn. Hopefully it’s just the start and we’ll start seeing recipes for it: nachos, popcorn, arepas!
That’s it for this rumour mill. Some of these are confirmed and others just hinted at, so we won’t know what the true feature list is until Mojang starts putting out Minecraft 1.9 snapshots. You can of course be sure we’ll cover the update as it approaches, so you know all the important facts before the big patch hits. But if you’ve heard something we haven’t, then please tell us in the comments! And don’t forget to come back for more, right here, on Rocky Bytes!
Back in June 17th, Yandere Simulator finally officially released a demo that contains the first rival after seven years of development. However, since then, there have been no new versions released for the game. So why is that? What has Yandere Dev been working on since then? 1. The goals after the ...
The GTA series is one of the most popular sandbox games ever, with it being the franchise that breaks record sales with every new entry. However, one of the standouts that elevated the experience was always the unique cheat codes. But what's better than cheat codes? Why not mods that completely change how ...
Indie developers have been gravitating towards horror games for years now. There are a couple of reasons for it - one prominent one is that jumpscares are an easy way to find yourself on a YouTuber's channel and gain some notoriety that way. However, there are a couple of free indie horror games that go ...