How to Play SCP-3008
How to survive inside SCP-3008.
Date: 2020-08-05 22:14:50
SCP-3008 is a surprisingly difficult game to play as there is almost no tutorial for the game and no indicator on how to actually get out and win. Take a look at this guide to see how to actually play the game.
Like many know in any survival game, it's important that you know what to do on your first night, as the enemies can be brutal if you aren't prepared. One of the key objectives of surviving the night is keeping the various mutated monsters away from you by building a shelter. You'll also need to watch your energy level, as when it runs out, you'll start losing health. You have to replenish your energy by eating food. Do note that these monsters aren't hostile during the day unless you actively attack them, so don't attack them and inadvertently screw yourself over.
When you have time in the day before your first night, you can do any of the following to help your success:
- Build a shelter to fend off the enemy
- Find food items
- Find recipes to craft useful items
Do note that there are various NPCs dotted around the Ikea store that have survived in the area before you arrived. You can take the time to check if they have something useful and trade for them. Note that they also tend to be right next to some makeshift bases, and you can fix up those bases a bit to take shelter in.
Do note that there are a couple of tips to make sure your base is defended nicely.
- Workers can't get through small or tight spaces easily.
- All workers are different shapes and sizes, so some are short enough to get down to crouch level.
- Workers cannot pick up objects, so a manual door can be created in this way.
- Workers cannot climb objects very well. Creating obstacles in your base will slow them down.
- Lighting helps you see things better at night, such as other players or workers.
- Keeping watch over your base lets you preemptively know when a worker is coming.
- Workers will stop chasing you after it's been too long since they last saw you; this means hiding behind something for a long time will cause them to stop chasing you.
To win the game, you need to locate a pair of keys and explore the area until you manage to find a door to get out. Do note that in order not to get lost and be stranded outside the base, it's recommended that you create recognizable markers as you explore and keep track of the time. Do this by stacking furniture up or just leaving them in a pile - whatever it takes.
And that's it! Those are the basics of how to survive in SCP-3008.
How to install this game.
SCP-3008 is a fantastic twist on the survival genre and can be seen as a poke at the genre while also being incredibly interesting thanks to the SCP it's based on. If you're having trouble installing the game, then ...